How Many???????????????

Share your ice chewing stories.

How Many???????????????

Postby Icegirl05 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:37 pm

I recently counted how many cups of ice I average eating a day. I must say I was surprised. :D

How many cups do YOU have?
I have about 15-20 16oz cups of crushed ice chips a day. Depending on the day, I have counted 26 cups. With more trips to the bathroom than I care to count!

Please share......I am interested to see what others are doing out there.
Icegirl05

Postby noraspora » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:35 pm

I dont use cups, I count trays.

Lets see...I have six ice trays that I've eaten on an average day at least, at minimum 7 or 8 times a day (each)

Man I've got it bad
noraspora

I can't get enough of ICE!!!!!!!!

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:12 pm

I started eating ice about 2 months ago, and at first I thought it was silly, but now I know better. I went to the doctor just today, and told her that I can't get enough of it. I eat between 9 - 10 44 oz. cups of ice a DAY!!!!! I buy the 20# bags of the chips that are different sizes and the milky color. I have a system now. I get a couple of HUGE styrofoam cups, and fill 3 of them. I suffer through the first cup, because the ice is a little hard right out of the freezer, but I let the other couple of cups sit out on the counter, and they get soft as they melt a little. When I get to my last cup, I fill up another one and let that one sit. It works out really great, except I sleep by my cups of ice!!!! If I have a full cup of ice at bedtime, I don't go to sleep until I get the last little piece of ice out of the cup.

My co-workers have had just about enough of me, because I always have a piece of ice in my mouth. I can't drive without a cup in front of me. The doctor told me today that I have what they call Pica...which is from iron deficiency. At first I guess I thought it was just cravings, but now I find that they are not. I was told to double up on my iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us., but frankly, I really like the ice chewing. I was just sooooo happy to find this site and find out that there are MANY people that have the same fixation that I do. CHEERS all you ice lovers out there!!!!!!
Ice Maiden

A new comer...Love it soooooooo MUCH

Postby revoleci » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:10 pm

[color=darkblue][/color]

Hi, I started chewing on ice about 7 motnhs ago. I have intestinal problems and anemia, but I am not sure I beleive in the myths or not. I eat about 10 to 20 pounds of ice a day....WOW! ADDICTED!!!! 8)

I make enough trips to the bathroom for 3 people.I wish I had my own ice maker, that would be the balls. :D

I buy my ice from Mobil usually but I live 20 minutes from that mart and I will opt to go anywhere just to have it. I let it thaw on the counter to get soft, I smash it with a homemade rolling pin, and chomp, chomp, chomp!!!
LOL :wink:

Thanks for this sight, I thought I was NUTS, love you guys :twisted:
revoleci

Postby Ice Princess » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:53 pm

Well, I eat approximately 20 to 40 lbs of ice in a 24 hour period. I can't stop. I get low and I START to panic. I am in panic mode right now. I am disabled and have difficulty driving anything but small distances. I depend on my mom, who lives with me since my husband died 2 1/2 years ago. I also depend on her to buy my ice as I am on SSD and I have no money left after bills It is an expensive habit, especially in Florida. Mom pays $2 a 10 lb bag. I was visiting my sister in St Mary's Georgia in November when she broke her ankle and we only paid $1 a bag. WOW that adds up. :shock:
Ice Princess

Postby frozenO » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:36 pm

I go through 4-5 32oz cups each day...I don't really crave it, it's a cool way to get my daily water requirement :lol:
I am not anemic...i've had my blood tested...
my daughter, for a time was eating nothing but ice....she was anemic and since she has been taking iron supplements she no longer chews ice
frozenO

Postby SweetT72 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:11 am

Ice Princess -
that is some serious ice eating. :lol:
SweetT72

amatuer

Postby icelover_123 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:38 pm

I guess my ice eating habit isn't as bad as I thought. I tend to only eat ice in drinks. I've had to make myself cut back on soda's and drink ice water instead. I mainly only do it at work. I'd say I drink 4-5 drinks a day, first filling the cup full of ice. :) I do tend to get drinks out and ask for extra ice though. I am afraid of hurting my teeth though - has anyone had any issues with broken teeth from chewing ice??

~newbee
Jada_baby
icelover_123

Return to Stories