Is anyone else from the United Kingdom?

Share your ice chewing stories.

Is anyone else from the United Kingdom?

Postby gums » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:25 pm

This is a great website. I knew there must be more of us! I have been eating ice for so long that I can't really remember when I started. My earliest memory is when I was about 10. The family were visiting my nanie & grandad and for some reason I asked if I could have the tray of ice from their fridge. The family thought this was a bit strange, and my sister always remembers eating ice gave me a stomach ache (I don't remember this though). My nanie was very obliging and let me have the ice. I am now a hardened ice addict but have recently cut down from about 5 trays of ice (consumed over and over through the day/night) to 3 trays (albeit one is a 32 cube capacity). I have become worse recently, as I have just started to take a container of ice out with me in the car. I don't know about anyone else, but doesn't it take a long time to eat several trays of ice?? It's such a waste of time, but I enjoy it.

Anyway, I am new to this site, but was wondering a) is there a UK website? and b) is there anyone out there from the UK?

P.S. I think there is something in the iron deficiency theory. I have always been anaemic. I am going to get my blood checked soon just out of interest (haven't had it checked for 3 yrs). Will keep you posted on that.

P.P.S. Happy crunching!
gums

uk ice crunchers

Postby pop » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:40 pm

hi there, i am really shocked to discover there are people out there who eat ice just like me! i have been eating ice since i was a child,you know just every now and then but when I became pregnant with my first child this need for ice went way out of control and just seems to be getting worse as I have just spent the day scraping ice from the side of the freezer because I have run out of ice cubes. The thought suddenly came to me that maybe I have some kind of mental condition that is making me do this, after all I am a really normal housewife, you know two kids,nice house,policeman husband and here I am standing at the freezer door with a knife in my hand desperate to get some ice by what ever means possible can this be normal :?: A quick look on the internet and what do you know more people like me,and more importantly another ice eater from the uk,well I am from east anglia,and hopefully I will get the chance to chat more with you :D
pop

Re: uk ice crunchers

Postby RITA » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:54 pm

pop wrote:hi there, i am really shocked to discover there are people out there who eat ice just like me! i have been eating ice since i was a child,you know just every now and then but when I became pregnant with my first child this need for ice went way out of control and just seems to be getting worse as I have just spent the day scraping ice from the side of the freezer because I have run out of ice cubes. The thought suddenly came to me that maybe I have some kind of mental condition that is making me do this, after all I am a really normal housewife, you know two kids,nice house,policeman husband and here I am standing at the freezer door with a knife in my hand desperate to get some ice by what ever means possible can this be normal :?: A quick look on the internet and what do you know more people like me,and more importantly another ice eater from the uk,well I am from east anglia,and hopefully I will get the chance to chat more with you :D

I EAT CUBED ICE WITH A LITTLE COFFEE OVER IT, THEM POUR OFF THE COFFEE. I EAT FOUR TO FIVE TRAYS PER DAY , WHILE @ HOME, THEN OTHER ICE WHILE AT WORK. ICE IS MY THING
RITA

From Surrey, United Kingdom

Postby IceMaiden » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:28 am

Hello , I'm from surrey. Really interesting people here.
Ice chewing really gets me through the day. I especially chew after a meal - but can happily go without food if I have enough ice.
I can't watch Eastenders or the Bill without having a bowl of ice nearby. I dont smoke or drink but I tell you if this is what adictions are like to kick, I now have a lot of sympathy for people that cant give up on something.
keep posting

"Some Ice each day keeps whinge-ing at bay"
IceMaiden

Return to Stories