Ice Chewers Ethnic And Gender Background!!!!

Share your ice chewing stories.

Ice Chewers Ethnic And Gender Background!!!!

Postby lilrover » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:47 pm

I'm a minority having a debate with a friend. I cannot for the life of me recall seeing anyone that is an ethnic minority chewing ice as a habit. By ethic minorities I mean Blacks, Native Americans, Hispanics, etc.

I can honestly say that I have only seen Caucasians (generally females) chewing ice. My friend is Caucasian and his wife and her family are notorious ice chewers. I know that is not a scientific observation but after asking my friend he says he can't recall observing the same behavior in minorities.

So my question to all of you is what is your ethnic background and gender and do you know of any minorities that are honest ice chewers?

Don't let this start or turn into an ugly race debate just curious if there is a natural reason behind the lack of minority ice chewers. IE heredity, diet, genetics, social reasons, etc.

Thanks for your reply,
lilrover

Yes they do

Postby happyface308 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:25 am

I am what you consider an "ethnic minority" and i chew ice along with 2 of my "ethnic minority" friends, my grandmother and my aunt
happyface308

Interesting question.

Postby Creamerica » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:42 pm

I'm a 50% korean 16 year old male, and I chew ice like a fiend.
"Coach, you were 5-79 last year. Why the playoff talk?"
"Well, we made a couple of key trades, and we've got the funk!"
Creamerica

Postby SweetT72 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:15 pm

I'm consider "ethnic minority" and I know like 4 other people that are "ethnic minority" that eats ice. So I don't think it has anything to do with race.

But I don't know any males that chew ice.
SweetT72

Postby LANAHOPE » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:38 pm

HAHA THATS KINDA FUNNY...I REALLY DONT SEE ANYONE NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE CHEW ICE MORE THEN ME! :D
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
LANAHOPE

Ice chewing

Postby lresper » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:10 pm

I know for a fact the race has absolutely nothing to with ice eating. I am a 31 year old black women who has been addicted to ice since the tender age of 7 or 8 as long as I can remember. The only period in my life where I stopped chewing ice was during my pregnancy, and that was due to the iron and vitamins that I was taking made the ice taste like glass. No sooner than I pushed my twins out I was back on the ice.

Love it........
lresper

Postby CookieBee » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:06 pm

I am 100% Puerto rican, and an ice chewer.
CookieBee

Postby iLoveStarbucks » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:05 am

i m a 17yr old black female nd i chew ice like its my job.. i jus started not too long ago, maybe a month ago. i only eat the ice that u get from like fast food restaurants in the cups.. to me, it jus seems easier to chew. it tastes better. i hate eatin ice from the home freezer, its big nd chunky nd ugh.. dnt like it. but neway, the best ice is at my job.. i'll get a REALLY BIG CUP nd jus fill it wit ice nd eat it til its gone.. then i fill er up again. my friend thinks im sexually frustrated cuz i eat ice lke this but i dnt think so..hmm, maybe i do need sum sex :? :wink:

ice is like my drug. o yea, i also drink starbucks like i get paid 4 it.. starbucks nd ice r my two loves<3
x0oSeritaaaa
Young nd Sexy nd Beautiful
iLoveStarbucks

Postby icebat » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:30 am

i'm half black, half italian and nobody in my life doubts that i have a massive problem with ice chewing. my italian aunt is who got me started though. the female vs. male thing sounds plausible, i've met a lot of girl ice chewers, but never a guy.
[ness]

"some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice.."
-r. frost
icebat

Postby noraspora » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:32 pm

I am a young African American female and I have been addicted to ice for atleast 5 years now, so no I dont think ethnicity has anything to do with it...also I have 2 other close friends who are not Caucasion that eat ice...as a matter of fact I've never seen a Caucasion eat ice before ever. Interesting...
noraspora

Postby Icegirl05 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:13 pm

I am a black woman who LOVES ice. I really never noticed a difference in black/white ice eaters. Now I can say I rarely see men eat it. It's generally women.

I feel like the other girl who says " I eat ice like it's my job". That's me all the way.
Icegirl05

Postby CURIOUS » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:35 pm

:lol: I am a female black woman. I was a ice chewer for about ten years. I really had a very serious habit of chewing ice. To tell you the truth... it was like the breath of life to me. I would fight for my ICE. But thank GOD!... i no longer do it anymore. My doctor says that low iron is what causes a craving for ice. hmmmm :?:
CURIOUS

Postby gijimenez5 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:42 pm

I am a hispanic woman who loves ice probably more than anyone else. I have black female friends who love ice. Maybe you just don't know that many minorities. I don't know of any caucasian woman who eats ice myself.
gijimenez5

Postby danakscully64 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:11 pm

I am a white woman (20) and I can't get enough ice! I will only eat it if it's softened by water. I pour multiple glasses of water with tons of ice and let the ice melt a little, then go in for the kill. :)
danakscully64

Postby specialkdawgg » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:20 pm

I am a 23 year old White male and I love chewing ice. I'll ride around in the car and chew ice on the way to do something. Only real problem is when I'm at work. after I've been chewing on ice I have to pick up the phone and start talking with a numb mouth!!!!.....I'm sure that doesn't sound good the customers. "Helyo, can ni yelp you" Lol
SpK--
specialkdawgg

Return to Stories