Hello there, I am an ice eater from the UK

Share your ice chewing stories.

Hello there, I am an ice eater from the UK

Postby lakey201 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:18 am

Hi, I found this site while researching into the habit of eating ice. I first tried eating ice when I was about 12 (now 20) when I saw my younger sister eating it and she said it was nice. So I tried it and havent stopped since. Although my sister was never addicted to it she just liked it but has since stopped eating it.

I tend to eat more if its avalible, for example I used to work in a bar with a commerical ice machine so I was eating it all day every day. But now I just eat about 3 trays a day. I dont like "big ice" and although I havent tried a lot of different styles, I tend to just fill my ice trays up a quarter of the way so they are smaller. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ice when it is not clear and is misty looking because it seems to break nicely in your mouth and doesnt hurt your teeth.

I do not know anyone who eats ice like I do and was surprised by how common it is especially in the US. Everyone who sees me eating ice thinks I am a complete odd ball, but I just say I like it.
lakey201
lakey201

another ice eater from UK

Postby kt » Thu May 26, 2005 2:07 pm

Hi!

I am from England and I totally understand what you are saying about ice. I am doing my GCSE's at the moment so am consuming an even greater amount than usual down to the stress!!!!!

Yeah the cloudy ice is the best. Does anyone else like to scape the fluffy snow like bits from their freezer whilst the ice is half frozen so that when it is frozen it gets all bumpy and lovely? I also like to eat it when it's still liquid in the middle so it breaks in your mouth...aah!

ice is the best isn't it. Why does no one else understand?
ice girl
kt

Postby brizee77 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:27 pm

Hey about that frost bit. I have a deep freezer dedicated to my ice habit, and so when the frost builds up all over the sides of the freezer I just squirt water over it and let it run down the sides and it builds up on the sides and in the bottom, layer by layer. I also have about 25 Metal Ice trays from the 50's that I fill by layers each time I do this and at the end of the week I empty the ice trays and chip all the layers off the sides and the bottom of the freezer. It mixes with the frost and all the ice is solid white and very soft. It has the best taste ever. I repeat this every week and I always have a ready supply of the best ice ever. The metal ice trays break up the ice and when I chip it from the sides it is always crushed just like a Ice machine except a deep freeze only costs about $125 brand new and a good refridge costs around $1000.00 It is a great cost efficiant solution.
brizee77

Postby SweetT72 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:47 pm

brizee77

You have got to be kidding, you have 25 Metal ice trays. YIKES. that is a lot of ice. I know which ones you are talking about. I use to go through 3 of those when I was staying at my Parents house when I was about 15. I'm 33 now. I believe I use to be in that freezer so much getting that ice. I broke my mom ice trays. lol, lol. I only have 3 plastic ice trays at home. that's all I need, if I had any more I think I will overdo it.
SweetT72

Return to Stories