Teeth Pain?

Share your ice chewing stories.

Teeth Pain?

Postby shirley » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:37 am

First time here.

It is nice to know I am not the only crazy cruncher out there!

I have been reading the posts and relate to many of the stories. However, I am surprised no one mentions teeth pain. My teeth hurt, but I can't stop chomping away. So, I take Ibupropen or acetaminaphen if it gets too bad. Then, the pain goes away and I get the ice out again! I feel like such an addict. My husband is just waiting for my teeth to fall out. Anyone share this experience with the pain?
shirley
shirley

Postby MEKsLP » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:43 am

it hasnt seemed to effect me yet

perhaps when i age another 20 years or so
MEKsLP

Postby brizee77 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:24 pm

Sure I have the exact same problem but I handle it the same way. Take Motrin till it feels better then get another cup of ice. Sad but true.My teeth are still in great shape though. I think it is a sensitivity thing....
brizee77

Re: Teeth Pain?

Postby robin22198 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:08 am

shirley wrote:First time here.

I have been reading the posts and relate to many of the stories. However, I am surprised no one mentions teeth pain. My teeth hurt, but I can't stop chomping away. So, I take Ibupropen or acetaminaphen if it gets too bad. Then, the pain goes away and I get the ice out again! I feel like such an addict. My husband is just waiting for my teeth to fall out. Anyone share this experience with the pain?
I JUST FOUND THIS WEBSITE TODAY. I LOVE ICE. BUT AT NIGHT WHEN I GO TO SLEEP THE NUMBNESS IN MY MOUTH FROM THE ICE GOES AWAY . AND TALK ABOUT PAIN . SOMETIMES IT WAKES ME UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED I THOUGHT A SPIDER CRAWLED IN MY MOUTH AND BIT ME. I WAS THINKING I SHOULD GO TO EMERGENCY HOSPITAL THE PAIN WAS SO BAD. MY WHOLE MOUTH WAS KILLING ME. I HAVE SINCE TRIED TO SLOW DOWN A BIT ON THE ICE. IT IS SO HARD. I TAKE AN ALEVE WHEN IT HAPPENS.
robin22198

Postby twin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:46 pm

Oh yeah...I've noticed some teeth pain recently. When I first noticed, I thought maybe I had a cavity forming. I later noticed that the pain only comes occasionally during my ice-eating binges! Someone told me that I've possibly exposed a nerve and they suggested I see my dentist. Ouch! :cry:
twin

Postby dimples » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:41 pm

I failed to mention teeth pain. I have to use the heating pad and hold it on my face for about 20-30 minutes, so the pain will ease up and I can hopefully go to sleep before I get-up and go get some more ice! Now that is sick :(
Dimples :wink:
dimples

Postby crunchster » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:09 pm

OMG!!!! Yes this is my first time posting(thank goodness for this site!!!!) When I have pain I take Advil liquid gels and it goes away quickly!!!!!
crunchster

Postby QueenofIce » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:23 pm

Sometimes when the pain gets bad for me I get a cup of warm water and drink a little warm water before I chew on ice I have sensitive teeth so it helps to warm them before I start chewing :-)

As for actual teeth pain I havent experienced that yet.
QueenofIce

Return to Stories