Feels like I've finally come home!

Share your ice chewing stories.

Feels like I've finally come home!

Postby lilyvanhier » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi ice addicts far and near!

I had no idea there were others like me, I thought I was just the abnormal strange one who everyone gets mad at for chomping on ice constantly. :lol:

I've had an ice addiction for 9 years now, I didn't have access to ice as a teen or otherwise my ice-addiction would've started alot sooner as I can remember back when I was a teen anytime I did get hold of some ice I'd jump on it and start chewing it.

I've lost 2 teeth because of it, and about to lose a third. I also have anorexia (for 13 years), so not sure if the ice addiction is caused by the anorexia or if the anorexia is just exacerbated by my ice addiction. I'm so bad with the ice eating thing, that I'll even steal ice out of other people's soft-drink cups, eat it out of the freezer if I'm that desperate, and have been known to eat defrosting ice that's fallen onto the floor when cleaning the freezer (one time ate ice that had fallen in the dirt outside). Very embarrassing to say the least. :oops:

People hate it! They get so annoyed with me when I eat ice around them, so try to chew quieter, but they still get mad.

Anyways, so glad that I'm not the only one. :mrgreen:
lilyvanhier

Return to Stories