Chewing ice VS letting it melt in your mouth?

Share your ice chewing stories.

Chewing ice VS letting it melt in your mouth?

Postby LindaP » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:09 pm

Is it the 'chewing' process of ice that causes the body not to absorb iron, therefore contributing to anemia? Or is simply sucking on the ice just as bad? I love ice.....so I was wondering if I can 'control' the crunch factor, would that be different? Or, get Sonic ice and not deal with crunching at all!

~Linda~
LindaP

Postby brizee77 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:38 pm

I had a Dr. tell me that lots of water causes your iron level to drop so sucking the ice won't help. Iron supplements are the only thing that really help and they make me really sick. Hope you have better luck.
brizee77

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:12 am

my moms friend samantha, goes through a tray of ice every time she is over at our house. On an average day she goes through about 4-5 trays of ice a day... she HAS A PROBLEM. anyone who knows these crayvings tell me she does this. I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND :oops:

WHY ICE

Postby JUDITH » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:50 pm

TO MOMS FRIEND (SAMANTHA). PLEASE READ ALL THE PAST POST IT WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD IDEA WHY ?.... YES SHE HAS ISSUES(PICA) LOOK UP TIS WORD ON THE NET OR TYPE IN "PICA ICE EATING".
JUDITH

Pagophagia

Postby kassieme » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:46 am

Ok firstly eating ice DOES NOT inhibit your absorbtion of Iron.
The only thing eating alot of ice does is help you burn calories! Your body burns calories by trying to get your stomachs body temperature up.

Secondly Pica BKA Pagophagia (craving of ice) is the consumption of non food items (ice) due to a lack of iron.

Thirdly most people who eat ice and know of their low iron leve (like me) cant get help because;
A. our bodies dont absorb enough iron.
or
B. the iron supplements the doctor gave us make people really sick
or
C. Yo ass is just crazy. lol jk

If youre still alive and ur iron is low, Shit you OK. The only you cant do is give blood. And shit you need that for more energy to chew ice. So happy chewing!
Kassie Edwards
Orlando, FL
http://www.geocities.com/kassieme
kassieme

Icy Fresh!

Postby Buzzkill » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:52 am

I find the best way to avoid losing your iron content is to just take the cubes and slide them slowly down the crack of your ass, resting gently on your tailbone until you plunge them into the depths of your anus, forcing them past your sphincter and feeling them melt inside of you... Yes... It's like an icy-cold ice of joy, am I right?
Buzzkill

Only during work meetings

Postby Can't Help It » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:50 pm

The only time to suck the ice rather than chew is when you're on a conference call or in a high level meeting. Nothing compares to chewing!!!
Can't Help It

Re: Pagophagia

Postby SweetT72 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:44 pm

kassieme wrote:Ok firstly eating ice DOES NOT inhibit your absorbtion of Iron.
The only thing eating alot of ice does is help you burn calories! Your body burns calories by trying to get your stomachs body temperature up.

Secondly Pica BKA Pagophagia (craving of ice) is the consumption of non food items (ice) due to a lack of iron.

Thirdly most people who eat ice and know of their low iron leve (like me) cant get help because;
A. our bodies dont absorb enough iron.
or
B. the iron supplements the doctor gave us make people really sick
or
C. Yo ass is just crazy. lol jk

If youre still alive and ur iron is low, Shit you OK. The only you cant do is give blood. And shit you need that for more energy to chew ice. So happy chewing!

Kassiene you are funny.
people who have anemia can't donate blood. we need our blood??? and we are not crazy, LOL, LOL but everything else you said is true. those doggone iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. make me sick. I just eat more foods that have iron in it. and you say sucking ice makes you burn calories...i'm thin already. is that my secret to staying thin???
SweetT72

Not But...

Postby kassieme » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:38 pm

It does mean ur ass needs to eat some food. lol
And all of my statements are correct. ALL Of THEM you misunderstood. I said anemic people cant donate blood... You must have an iron level of 35 and up. anything below that u cannot donate blood. if ur a 34 doesnt mean ur anemic, it could be other factors, such as a period, stress or an infection....
Kassie Edwards
Orlando, FL
http://www.geocities.com/kassieme
kassieme

Return to Stories