funny thing happened to me in a chinese restaraunt

Share your ice chewing stories.

funny thing happened to me in a chinese restaraunt

Postby bapnkat » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:05 pm

I had gone out to eat with my husband and kids and they were all in a hurry to go. Unfortunately I couldn't take the rest of my cola with me, but as my husband pointed out I had already finished the drink. Well, I had to finish the ice. I just couldn't leave it there. So, I emptied the rest of the ice into my mouth and got up to leave. I was kind of in a hurry to get out to the car and wasn't really paying attention to where I was going and I bumped into someone that was in the aisle. Not being rude, I opened my mouth to say "excuse me" and all the ice went onto the floor. Everyone that was around just stared at me. I just turned quickly and left, thankful my husband and kids were already outside!
bapnkat

Happens Alot

Postby FirstLadyT » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:48 pm

Hi,

I've found that happens to me alot. :!: Almost always at work, as soon as I put some ice in my mouth and start crunching, someone always wants to talk. :x Everytime I am sitting at my desk enjoying a tall cup of ice, here comes someone wanting to talk. One day I was sitting at my desk eating my ice and a committee came around and to suprise me with an award. :o Luckily, I heard all the noise coming down the hall and I quickly I dropped the ice from my mouth into my cup...... :oops:

Anyway, If I would have saw this happen to you in the restaurant I would have understood. :wink:
First Lady
FirstLadyT

Postby SweetT72 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:57 pm

First Lady T,
I understand what you are saying. I could be getting down with some ice and then somebody comes up behind me to talk. It's funny, when I get a good piece out of the refrigerator at work, I will walk in the hall taking the long way to my desk so I won't have to walk past people cublicles to speak while i'm sucking on my ice. I have learned how to be discreet though, When my boss walks up on me. I politely grab my cup and of course he thinks i'm sipping water or something and I let the ice fall right in the cup. :lol:
SweetT72

not leaving ice behind

Postby duranfann01 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:36 am

I do the same this if I drink the drink down I want the ice as well & it kills me to get up & walk away, sometimes i have to but my husband understands my little habit & will wait he will sometimes he eats ice but not like me,,,,, he works at this place that has great soft ice so I think he eats more than I know about from there but I want ice all the time!!!! I found another web site that was talking about PICA eating non-normal things as it said chalk,paint,dirt & ice was on the list they said it was a mental health issue so now am I crazy or just have a bad habit???? I love ice & have for a long time and yes I will drive all over to get the ice I want!!!!
I'm just glad to have found this site so I know there are people out there just like me,,,,, thank you!!!!!! :)
Happy Chomping!!!
duranfann01

Postby lorilove » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:32 am

Me too, I can totally relate to everything you all are saying. I am also very, very happy to have found this site. Knowing there are other people like me makes me feel okay. I also will drive around to get the ice that I want.
lorilove

Postby sassittarius » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:37 am

I understand what you mean. I do the same thing. Most of the time it annoys my family, but you can't leave the good ice behind!
sassittarius

Return to Stories