HI!

Share your ice chewing stories.

HI!

Postby mmm ..ice » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:56 am

Hi! This forum is awesome.. I never thought there would be one for ice-chewers like me. I've been addicted for about probably 3 years.. maybe more than that. Does anyone know if low iron causes you to lose weight as well? Because I'm a bit underweight...I am trying to gain weight...and it's really hard. Also, my hair falls out a lot..is that low iron?

mmm seeing that ice cube on the screen makes me want to eat more ice.. my poor teeth.. I even eat ice when I am freezing cold in the winter.
Well, I'm glad that I've found out icechewing doesn't cause that much harm. :) Nice to meet you all.
mmm ..ice

Postby brizee77 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:24 am

Hi and welcome....... To answer your questions I am not sure about the weight loss now after I have had children I stay about the same weight but I remember when I was younger and anemic I had trouble gaining weight. I went to the Dr. last week and my Hemoglobin levels were low enough that they wanted to do a blood transfusion, I have to go back in later today to have that done and I have noticed that my hair comes out alot in the shower..... It may be related. Not positive though. I also think that the ice does make the anemia worse, but it is sooooo.... good.
brizee77

concern

Postby guest » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:26 pm

If your hair is falling out and you're having a hard time gaining weight, you need to see a doctor - those are worrisome symptoms. I agree that ice chewing and anemia are intertwined, but I think it's frightening that several on this site have reported the fact that their hemoglobin levels are dangerously low. I too had to have a blood transfusion for a low level. My doctor has referred me to a GI doctor to see if I have a bleeding ulcer. Perhaps the ice chewing isn't so harmless after all. :(

Postby mmm ..ice » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:13 am

Hi, it's me again. Thankyou both for replying. Well, I decided to have a blood test today. My doctor set me up for a blood test because of my hair falling out, but he doesn't know that I eat ice. I'm pretty sure they were testing me about my hemoglobin, and there was one iron test on there. I will be very surprised if I'm not anemic after reading all of the stuff about it on the internet. Well, actually, I'm kinda hoping that's what I am so I can start taking some I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us....and maybe get my hair back!

Brizee77- My hair falls out a lot in the shower too.. but it also just falls out all the time.. and when I look at my pillow after I've slept on it, it's covered in hair! :shock: It sucks!
mmm ..ice

Postby brizee77 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:57 pm

I hope that that really is the problem, because anemia is pretty easy to fix. Good Luck....
brizee77

Return to Stories