Any of my fellow addicts love eating ice with the heat on?

Share your ice chewing stories.

Any of my fellow addicts love eating ice with the heat on?

Postby icyfresh » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:16 pm

Does anyone love to eat ice, say in their car with the heat blasting? For me it is one of my ultimate pleasures. Such a treat. Am I alone in this addiction?
icyfresh

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:35 pm

Gosh, I thought it was just me. I crank my thermostat as high as it will go
(90) and turn the heat on full blast. I love Ice!!

ruiningmyteeth

Ice and Heat! Yes

Postby FirstLadyT » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:25 pm

For me, I have to have a cup of ice when I get in the shower. I will turn the water on real hot, and eat my ice!

what is wrong with us. :) I can't believe we all have these same symtoms.
First Lady
FirstLadyT

Postby kamarahs » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:57 am

What about putting on heavy socks and a sweater on a warm day complete with fingerless gloves and rocking the ice? It prevents the extreme cold felt after devouring ice. Really cool feeling afterwards.
kamarahs

my god...

Postby Calvindude » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:12 pm

i used to think i did the craziest, most depraved things when it came to my ice addiction. then i notice 3 of the people before me in this thread do EXACTLY what i do! I am ALL ABOUT sitting on my bed eating tray after tray of ice with a small portable heater right in front of me blasting the coldness away. Also, i take trays into the bath or shower pretty often. I'm amazed, and more importantly, relieved that many others do the same.

About two or so years ago, i stumbled upon probably the most delicious ice creation. What you do is fill a tray about 75% full, and leave the trays in the freezer just long enough for just a thin shell of ice to freeze on the outside of the cubes. what you get it an ice cube with all freezing cold water inside. The ice part of the cube is so brittle and delicious, and it is soooo nice to feel the water gushing out after the very first bite. After a while, i developed a very enjoyable ice connoisseurship pretty similar to that of wine or pot. Anyone else a master chef of frozen delicacies?
Calvindude

Postby thin4life » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:34 pm

I LOVE TO SIT IN MY CAR WITH THE HEAT BLOWING FULL BLAST AND CHEW ICE. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS WHEN I HAVE TO GET OUT I FREEZE. :cry:
thin4life

Postby brizee77 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:13 pm

Anyone else a master chef of frozen delicacies?

Without a doubt... I have ordered 14 Metal Ice Trays to date from Ebay. From the old ones with the pull handles to small ones that go in a small mini fridge. They work as long as they are metal. Then I fill them one layer at a time. About 6 layers per cube. The kicker is that I have determined the best source of water comes from my ex husbands tap water. I went to the grocery store and bought 30 gallons of spring water and then went to the parking lot and dumped them one by one and then have him fill them up for me every 2 weeks. That water in my metal ice trays layered just right is the best tasting thing in the world. Everyone I know thinks I am insane, but I go crazy if I run out. I can't even stand any other kind of ice anymore. I am so glad others are just as crazy. At least I'm not alone.
brizee77

Postby icechick » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:20 am

chewing ice makes me so cold! i seriously will keep going until i'm shaking all over. i can't help it.

and i eat ice in the shower too!!! haha isn't it the best?
icechick

Postby La Neige » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:56 pm

I won't turn the heat on, but I'll go outside on really hot days just to eat ice. If it's not warm out then I'll just put on warm clothes. If neither of those two is an option then I'll eat it anyway, but yeah, it's definitely nice to be all hot or toasty and get that feeling of cold ice bits going down your throat.
La Neige

Ice with the heat on

Postby icemakesmehappy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:08 pm

Yes...in my car alone...eating ice with the eat on...at work with my jacket on...haven't tried it in the shower yet...but I tell you what...I'm gonna try it tonight! lol.
:) IMMH
icemakesmehappy

driving with heater on crunching away

Postby bellie » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:44 am

I was laughing so hard I was in tears. That is my favorite way to make the 30 min. drive home. Heater on, a full 30oz. insulated mug with ice
chomping away. My kids avoid me when I arrive home because my
hands are sooo cold and my lips. (no hello kisses) The other bad thing is
then I want to turn up my heat at home too.
bellie

in a hot bath

Postby bellie » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:47 am

My other favorite is in the morning after my walk I grab a full mug of ice
(huge mug, not coffee cup size) and sit in the tub listening to the radio,
crunching on my ice. (really makes it hard to get out of the tub)
bellie

Return to Stories