Most Extreme!!!

Share your ice chewing stories.

Most Extreme!!!

Postby brizee77 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:33 pm

Hi all.... From reading all the posts I see that everyone including myself has some pretty crazy stories about what they would do to have their ice..... Lets start a Most extreme things I have done for ice topic...... I'll start it off with what I think is my most extreme ice - capade..... lol...
I went hiking last winter and did not dress for the long hike... I went from the bottom to the top of a mountain in WV. It took about 7 hours round trip and all I had on was jeans and a sweater and a jacket. It was December and we just had a hugh snow storm.... About 8 in. By the time I got close to the bottom my pants were frozen solid and I could not feel my legs or feet at all and guess who was still grabbing huge handfulls of snow and eating it the whole way. I didn't care if I froze solid.....Gotta have my ice....
Anyone else have extreme stories?.........
brizee77

Postby brizee77 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:38 pm

What no other extreme stories? :(
brizee77

Extream, what do you consider extream?

Postby icemanic » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:47 pm

:oops: Actually when I think about the whole issue of ice chewing it think that maybe ALL our stories are extream. I mean think about it. We chew rock hard ice, knowing that it will certainly damage our teeth. We also know that it annoys many of the people around us. It makes us uncomfortably cold, yet at that same time blissfully happy. Even when our tongues are stiff and we can't talk we still continue to chew away.

Now I do have my preferences. If I can get it I want the snow cone type of ice. I love the idea of snow though I've never had the opportunity. I buy bags and bags of Shivers, a lemon flavored ice that is very soft. But if I have to, I will chew the largest & hardest ice cubes in the office refrigerator. I think that is pretty extream.

I've got a question for you all, I can't tell for sure, but are we mostly women? How many men are ice chewers. BTW I think we need a cool name. Maybe we can have nominations and vote. What do you all think?
Lynn
icemanic

ice eater

Postby vonnie » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:02 pm

hey guys,

how much ice do you actually eat, who are the true ice eaters. i do about 8 cups per day 64 oz that's a lot i use the br alot too. i make mine by filling ice tray with really hot water turning the freezer up, this make the ice frosty and when it sit about 10 min the ice is actually soft. my favorite. i also get icce from the publix deli in my home town, however i have bben know to buy 3 bags of Sonic ice. this ice is really good.
vonnie

re: ice eater

Postby icemanic » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:43 pm

:roll: Right now I'm going through about one 2lb bag a day. I can get this great lemon ice sold at Von's here in CA.
icemanic

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:12 am

Wow, it's so awesome to get to hear that there are other ice-lovers out there. I am a college student and I got addicted when I moved into my dorms and we didn't have air conditioning. There was a huge ice machine in the lobby that I would fill up before bed and I would just lay there eating my ice. Then I would crave it in the morning...and at meals. I especially love a cup full of ice after brushing my teeth. Sometimes I think I am getting dehydrated because I'm not actually getting enough water because I am eating little bits of ice, instead of chuggin a cool glass of water. Other concerns, naturally, are my teeth. They are pretty good lookin' now but I fear for their future. My final extreme is the negative attention I get when I dip my hand into my cup of ice. It's pretty disgusting. Sorry I don't have any really pathetic stories to tell. Oh and yes, I am anemic. They reject my blood at blood drives often and tell me to go eat some raisins and come back in a week. I go home and eat my ice.

Postby brizee77 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:11 pm

Hi there..... I wish I could say that I didn't have any pathetic stories to tell but in truth the one that I started this with is only one of many of my extreme ice stories. I could fill up a whole page with these stories..... In answer to how much ice I eat well I eat about 3 - 32 oz. cups an hour. about 30 or so cups a day..... Not only do I eat ice non stop but I am very picky about the ice I eat. I like to make my own in ice trays and what I did was buy metal ice trays with plastic inserts. I started with 5 of them but I have 10 now. I put a small layer of water and freeze it and then add another layer and freeze and then another layer and then empty all trays into a bag in my deep freezer. This keeps up my habit for the day..... It is by far the best ice ever.... It is all white and soft with a slight metalic flavor similar to the difference between soda in a bottle vs soda in a can. The only other ice I really like is from a new GE refig ice maker... I do love the pellet ice, but only if it has just fallen from the machine. I don't like it if it sits for any lenght of time...... Talk about obsession... It just seems to get worse.... Oh well I love my ice. Every one has a right to enjoy the things they like and be picky.....
brizee77

Re: Extream, what do you consider extream?

Postby guest-jeff » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:25 am

icemanic wrote:I've got a question for you all, I can't tell for sure, but are we mostly women? How many men are ice chewers.

im here 8) ... chewin since i was 4.. ill be 19 come jan2

almost 15years of chewing ice.. :D
guest-jeff

icecrave

Postby jane » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:54 pm

I am soo glad to hear all your stories. I have been obssessing on ice for the longest time. I have been warned about my teeth but that doesn't bother me. I like my ice crushed,I will take it before bedtime and grave it the whole day at work. : :
jane

Postby iceiceandmoreice » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:43 pm

Hi everyone! - I'm new, and I'm so glad I found this site!. I'm reading all of these postings while I'm chewing on a huge cup of ice!. I thought I was the only one with this addiction!. I start my day with a very large cup of ice on my way to drop off my son to the babysitter. I then stop at the Speedway and re-fill my cup for the ride to work, and buy a bag of ice to have for the rest of the day while I'm at work. We used to have an ice machine at work until it broke (all the free ice I wanted!), I was so sad when this happened, and the owner is too cheap to get it fixed, so there went my endless suppy!. I have a portable heater constanlty blowing on me because I'm always freezing!, but being cold all the time doesn't matter, I have to have my ice! On my way home I stop and re-fill my cup again!. I figure I probably spend approx. $15.00 a week just on ice. I know it's probably annoying to everyone around me, and sometimes my teeth hurt so bad when I go to bed at night that I can't sleep, but I just don't care, I'm totally hooked!. I too, think I must be anemic. I have a question though, what is the thing with eating corn starch?. and how do you eat it? (right out of the box?). I think we should have a group like AA, but for ice chewers!. Still freezing & chewing away!
iceiceandmoreice

Return to Stories