help me stop!

Share your ice chewing stories.

help me stop!

Postby guest » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:54 am

I am glad to find out other people are obsessed with ice chewing-I CRAVE it all day-I have tried over and over after cracking teeth to go cold turkey but I can't kick the habbit-its like a drug addiction and I try to chew alone-so my family will not hear me-and tell me to stop chewing! I have been doing this for years-and I would rather chew ice then eat food. Can anyone out there help me stop!!! (I also have low iron)

Why stop?

Postby kassieme » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:11 pm

Listen gal/guy if it aint harmin no one then why quit? All you need to do is eat powdery sno like ice. It melts fast so ur body can warm it up quickly there is no crunching at all so ur teeth get a rest and its free and easy to do, but a sno cone maker or crush the ice. Its a harmless habit once done right. Its like biting nails. And yea ur iron is low but not seriously low, because cravings would go beyond ice if ur levels were seriously low.
Kassie Edwards
Orlando, FL
http://www.geocities.com/kassieme
kassieme

Postby SweetT72 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:50 pm

What are some things that have happened to you since you have tried to quit. Sometimes I can just eat ice all day. that's right. I will hurry up and eat my food at work so I can get a piece of ice. sometimes I would just rather have ice than my dinner. but I still dont' eat a bag a day.

Does ice makes your throat feel funny? that's when I know I have been eating too much ice. Again, I'm a ice sucker not chewer.
SweetT72

Its better to chew, than suck..

Postby kassieme » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:14 pm

When you suck you are involving your mouth in a battle for temperature.

Your mouth cannot raise its temperature to melt the ice, therefore your mouth gets somehwhat "frostbitten" so it speak. :shock:

Contraversly, when you chew you are getting help from three areas, your teeth - which tear the ice to tiny shreds, your mouth - which can now easily melt these tiny peices down a bit before they hit, your stomach - which can raise its temperature to melt the ice safely. :D
Kassie Edwards
Orlando, FL
http://www.geocities.com/kassieme
kassieme

Postby la1bellefille » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:17 pm

why would you want to stop?
la1bellefille

Re: help me stop!

Postby katieliciouz » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:10 am

guest wrote:I am glad to find out other people are obsessed with ice chewing-I CRAVE it all day-I have tried over and over after cracking teeth to go cold turkey but I can't kick the habbit-its like a drug addiction and I try to chew alone-so my family will not hear me-and tell me to stop chewing! I have been doing this for years-and I would rather chew ice then eat food. Can anyone out there help me stop!!! (I also have low iron)

usually when i try to help people kick an addiction i tell them to chew on ice...

but that wont help you...
katieliciouz

YAY!

Postby kt » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:33 pm

Hi!

I am so glad that other people love ice!!! My family all think I'm totally weird and are always telling me to stop because they think that it is damaging my teeth. Oh today I got diagnosed with some disease thing called Raynauds (you get cold and numb fingers) and my parents are convinced its cos of ice eating!

What is this thing about iron that everyone is talking about cos the doctor wants me to have a blood test - i didn't tell him about the ice thing cos I knew he'd think I am weird.

The best ice is just about forty minutes after you put it in so it is soft in the middle and hard on the outside - I eat about 200 cubes a day! Is that crazy?

write back

kt
ice girl
kt

Postby SweetT72 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:20 pm

Kt,
sorry to informed you. but ice does damage your teeth. i'm a witness. :D Actually I'm surprised I still have the teeth that I got. They can do a blood test to see if you have anemia. If Your blood count is low. They will probably have you take iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us..
I also heard that eating ice causes your teeth to shift.

You may not see the damage now but wait to you get a little older. I'm in my early 30's.
SweetT72

Postby SweetT72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:14 pm

dont' know. cause I still havent' given it up completely :)

but everytime you think of eating ice. trying drinking water. or snacking.
SweetT72

Postby Icehole » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:41 am

SweetT72 wrote:dont' know. cause I still havent' given it up completely :)

but everytime you think of eating ice. trying drinking water. or snacking.

It shouldn't take much effort to keep yourself from tossing ice in your mouth. Try hard candy instead... that'll stop the chewing. That, or just put a huge ice in your mouth...
read the name
Icehole

Postby Cubeabuser » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:05 pm

I don't see any reason to stop chewing ice. I chew it all day long at work and double when I get home. If you're chipping your teeth you probably aren't getting enough calcium. I have the perfect remedy, milk cubes! It's the only way I can have milk. Otherwise, you just have weak teeth and I'd see a dentist. There is nothing wrong with chewing ice.
Cubeabuser

Postby SweetT72 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:24 pm

Wow,
you are like the first person I have hear say this.
SweetT72

Return to Stories