Sonic Ice !

Share your ice chewing stories.

Sonic Ice !

Postby Luv The Ice » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:50 pm

I did not know that Sonic sold bags of ice. I knew Sonic sold cups of ice though. How much approx. is a bag of Sonic Ice. I will have to go buy a few bags.[/b]
Luv The Ice

Postby wing master » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:45 pm

gasp! i didn't know that either. they sell it?
wing master

Postby iceloverone » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:15 am

i wish that i could find a sonic near me. it's driving me crazy that i've never had any of their ice.
iceloverone

Sonic Ice

Postby Luv The Ice » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:32 pm

IceLoverOne: You should definetly try Sonic ice when you get a chance. It is sooo good and soo soft. It's not harmful on the teeth like hard ice. I bought a XL cup of ice from there today. It only lasted me an hour though :D
Luv The Ice

SONIC ICE

Postby ICE ADDICT » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:05 pm

I have a Sonic near me and I am going to get me some of those bags of ice. THANKS for the info!!!! :D
ICE ADDICT

Postby Icechujunk-e » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:35 am

I'm on it! I didn't know Sonic sold ice by the bag either. Thanks for the info!
"When all else fails, chew some ice!"
Icechujunk-e

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:17 pm

I don't have a Sonic near my house but, Last week I had to take my daughter to the dentist in a city about 1 1/2 hours from home and they have a Sonic there. I had taken a cup full and a small cooler full of my own personal favorite ice, (From a metal ice tray) and low and behold I ran out once I got there. I stopped by Sonic thanks to all your info and I got me a bag to fill my cooler and get me home happy. I still like the taste of ice in the metal trays better but the Sonic ice is soft so it was pretty good.

Re: Sonic Ice !a bag of sonic ice is about 1.17 each

Postby brandyontherocks » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:01 pm

Luv The Ice wrote:I did not know that Sonic sold bags of ice. I knew Sonic sold cups of ice though. How much approx. is a bag of Sonic Ice. I will have to go buy a few bags.[/b]
:D
brandyontherocks

sonic ice

Postby suzanne5709j » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:18 pm

I'm not fond of Sonic ice...it is too soft...no real crunch to it...i don't necessarily like the "tooth chipping" crunch of too-hard ice, but Sonic ice is too soft for any satisfaction...however, the Sonic in my town is the only Sonic i have been to...maybe other Sonics have different kind of ice. I am addicted to the ice in the soda fountain machine at the Circle K near my house. It's square, but breaks easily...less stress on my teeth.[/b]
suzanne5709j

Too freaky...

Postby ViolinDuchess » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:10 pm

And I thought my mom and I were the only crazy kooks who chew ice! And everyone always looks at us all crazy-like when we rave how good Sonic ice is! I am so glad they sell it by the bag! That rocks my socks. I fell right at home here. This is hilarious. Tootles.
ViolinDuchess

Re: Sonic Ice !

Postby kamarahs » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:49 am

Hellllllloooooo!!! I am standing infront of my computer chewing ice as well.What a coincidence that we are all eating ice when we decided to look it up.Yes, i am a huge fan of Sonic's ice. When i moved to the USA, at the age of 17and discovered sonic i was in ice heaven. :D I was diagnosed as anemic from the tender age of 6. I grew up eating and craving powder(talc powder) everytime my parents put it on me after a shower, i would eat it off, I also craved chalk(it's used to write on a blackboard).Growing up I refused to eat any kind of meat. I would get so sick that i had to be admitted to the hospital on a regular basis.Atleast once a month, i would have debilitating stomach cramps.
Unfortunately,I cannot take raw iron supplements as i'm allergic to raw iron tablets and a multi-vitamin does nothing for me.I still don't eat red meat like liver(high source of protein)I however, love green vegetables like spinach or callaloo.These are high in iron, but it still hasn't lessened my appetite for ice. I would really like to stop chewing ice as i am a embarrrassment in public-chomping on ice. Using a spoon to get the last good looking piece of ice.ROCK ON SONIC ICE! It has also caused me to be late many a times. I cannot leave my house if i haven't finished my ice-such a waste - :oops: Anyway's it's a real addiction and i need help. I think i'm actually gaining weight from ice eating. It could be freezing outside, i still have to eat my ice.I take solace into thinking that the more ice i eat the warmer i'll become and it seems to work while i'm eating but after, the freeze is unbearable.My dental bill is skyrocketing.Just eating some cereal can cause a tooth to shatter.I need help!!!!!!! :evil: :roll:
kamarahs

Postby brizee77 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:40 pm

brizee77

Harder to get Sonic Ice

Postby Can't Help It » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:42 pm

I am addicted to Sonic ice and was thrilled when I found out I could buy a bag for $1.40 at any local Sonic. I could easily go through a bag in 2 days, keeping in mind, that was somewhere between the hours of 5-10 pm when I got home from work. Next it went up to $2.15 a bag for several months. Now it's $3.78 a bag and only available at one of the many local Sonic drive ins. Thank God the ice machine where I work has really good small dry cubes. I survive on that all day and if need by, fill a garbage bag full to bring home.

PS....I absolutely cannot believe there is a forum for ice chewers!! I get crap all day long at work, wait til I tell everyone!!!
Can't Help It

Postby IceyinFlorida » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:55 pm

I also found that Zaxby's has really great ice too. When I was pregnant I'd take a small cooler up there with me and they'd fill it up for me for free. I was in and out of there about 4 times a week. They've got the best ice along with Sonic and both places have really great sweet tea, which is my favorite companion with ice.
IceyinFlorida

new sonic

Postby duranfann01 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:47 am

I have a new Sonic by me but the ice is too tiny not at all what I'm use to from them,,,,, I bought 1 bag & that was it for me, also if anyone lives near a Braums ice cream store that have super wonderful ice that you can also buy by the bag it will only last me 24 hours if that long,,,, I spend alot on ice so maybe I had better look into a sno cone maker from target or walmart I spend about 25.00-30.00 a month on ice!!! if I would just use my ice maker it would save me a ton later on,,,,, I also like bags of ice from 7-11 walmart ice is too hard at least the one by me is anyway,,,
so happy I found this site,,,, thank a bunch!!! :D
Happy Chomping!!!
duranfann01

Next

Return to Stories